[MD-AtLarge] Meeting Reminder and Minutes

Sharon Maneki nfbmdsm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 14:40:18 UTC 2021

Hello all,

The next meeting of the AT LArge chapter of NFBMD quill take place on
Tuesday April 20. The national's president's message will take place at
7:30, followed by the meeting from 8-9 PM. We will have two guest speakers
for this meeting: Dezman Jackson second vice president of NFBMD and Millie
RIvera a member of the board of directors and chairman of the NFBMD
scholarship committee. They will talk about themselves and share some other
valuable information with us. Don't miss it. The call in number is
339-209-4083. Please read the minutes below.

NFBMD At Large Chapter Meeting Minutes for March 16, 2021

The presidential Release was played at 7:30 PM.

The meeting was started at 8:07 PM by Marguerite Woods, President.

Round Robin took place, and everyone announced themselves and told what
they like about springtime.

Approximately 15 members on the call

Charles led us in the NFB Pledge.

Tonight’s guest speaker is Ever Lee Hairston. She spoke about Finding and
using our Voices. She shared stories about her life that allowed her to use
her voice and make changes to better herself.

Change stands for:

C stands for courage. It takes courage to make change in your life, as well
as, taking risks.

H stands for honesty. Be honest with yourself and others.

A stands for Advocacy. Advocate for yourself by using your voice.

N stands for never give up.

G stands for good orally direction.

E stands for endurances. Be persistent.

Respectfully Submitted by Danielle Earl, Secretary

*Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy*
410-715-9596

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland knows that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you back.