[MD-AtLarge] Meeting Reminder and Minutes

Sharon Maneki nfbmdsm at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 15:37:05 UTC 2021

Hello all,

The next meeting of the At Large Chapter will be on Tuesday March 16. The
national's president message begins at 7:30 followed by the meeting from
8-9PM. Our special guest speaker for March will be Ever Lee Hairston. She
will discuss using our voices. Ever Lee is a member of the national board
of directors. She's an author and will have many interesting points to
share with us. If you want to know more about Ever Lee, listen to this
short interview by her local CBS news that took place on February 26, 2021:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJiKHnVI1Tk

For your convenience the call in number is 339-209-4083.
Remember to send your dues to Sharon Maneki so that you can vote at the
National Convention. The address is 9013 Nelson Way, Columbia, MD 21045.
Don't forget to register for the National Convention by going to
https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=432

Please read the minutes from the February meeting below.

NFBMD At Large Chapter Meeting Minutes for February 16, 2021

The Presidential Release was played at 7:30 PM.

The meeting was started at 8:00 PM by Marguerite Woods, President.

Round Robin took place, and everyone announce themselves and said what
their favorite chocolate was.

Approximately 15 members on the call.

Charles led us in the NFB pledge.

Sharon thanked the chapter for participating in Annapolis day.

If you have not paid your dues, please send them to Sharon.

Tonight’s guest speaker was Anil Lewis, who was recently elected president
of the Greater Baltimore chapter. His message was to tell our stories and
for people to be more understanding, tolerant, and compassionate.

Respectfully Submitted by Danielle Earl, Secretary

*Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy*
410-715-9596

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland knows that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you back.