[MD-AtLarge] Meeting reminder and minutes

Sharon Maneki nfbmdsm at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 16:56:08 UTC 2021

Hello all,
The next meeting of the At-Large Chapter of the NFBMD will be on Tuesday,
November 16. The national president's message begins at 7:30 followed by
the meeting from 8pm-9pm.
During this meeting, we will discuss the highlights of the state
convention. Jerry Price from LBPD will describe new technologies that you
may want to buy yourself or put on your list for Santa. Jerry is sure to
have an interesting list of gadgets that we might like to have.
Remember the call-in number is 339-209-4083. Below are the minutes from the
last meeting for your reading pleasure.

NFBMD At Large Chapter Meeting Minutes for October 19, 2021

The Presidential Release was played at 7:30 PM.

The meeting was started at 8:00 PM by Marguerite Woods, President.

Round robin took place and there were approximately 15 members on the call.

October birthdays were Celebrated. Members who had birthdays in October are
Charles and Debbie.

Marguerite led Alice in the NFB Pledge.

Marguerite shared that Daniel was in the hospital.

We discussed who would be attending the fundraising movie, Feeling Through.
Marguerite encouraged everyone to get their friends to attend this event on
Saturday, October 23.

October is Meet the Blind month. It has been rebranded to Blind Equality
Achievement Month.

Sharon read a blog titled On Blindness, Equality, and Achievement: Who
Defines Us written by Mark Riccobono. Then the members discuss the article.

Marguerite announced that the chapter was responsible for getting two
proclamations. Don received one from Cecil County and Daniel received one
from Washington county.

Respectfully Submitted by Danielle Earl, Secretary

*Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy*
410-715-9596

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland knows that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you back.