[MD-AtLarge] Meeting Reminder and Minutes

Sharon Maneki nfbmdsm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 19:25:50 UTC 2022

Hello All,
Don't miss the next meeting of the At-Large Chapter on the first day of
summer, Tuesday, June 21. The National President's message begins at 7:30
followed by the meeting from 8-9 pm. We will discuss the upcoming National
Convention. A few of our colleagues will share how they are living the
lives they want. I am sure you will get some good ideas from our speakers.
Please read the May Minutes below.

NFBMD At Large Chapter Meeting Minutes for May 17, 2022

The Presidential Release was played at 7:30 PM.

The meeting was started at 8:00 PM by Marguerite Woods, President.

Round Robin took place. Everyone announced themselves, gave their location,
and answered the question: do you like the rain or not?

Approximately 30 members on the call.

May Birthdays were celebrated. Members who have a birthday in May is Eddie.

Treasurer’s report was given by Sharon

Opening Balance: $635.94

Income:

Dues: $20

Donation: $5

Total Income: $25

There were no expenses.

Closing Balance: $660.94

A motion was made to accept the treasurer’s report, it was seconded, and
the motion was passed.

Marguerite   thanked everyone for attending the Senior Division call.

Charles said the NFB pledge

Tonight’s guess speaker is Marguerite   Woods, President of the At Large
Chapter and Senior Issues Division. She told her story by sharing the
podcast that she did. The podcast is Reid My Mind. Radio

The meeting was adjourned at 9:21 PM.

Respectfully Submitted by Danielle Earl, Secretary

*Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy*
410-715-9596

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland knows that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you back.