[MD-AtLarge] Meeting Reminder and Minutes

Sharon Maneki nfbmdsm at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 15:53:30 UTC 2022

Hello All,

The next meeting of the NFBMD At-Large Chapter is Tuesday, March 15. The
National President's message begins at 7:30, followed by the meeting from 8
to 9 PM. In honor of Women's History Month, our guest speaker will be Marci
Carpenter. She is a new member of the National Board of Directors and will
tell us about her experiences as a blind woman. You will not want to miss
this presentation. Please take a minute to call the two delegates about
HB547 as mentioned in the next email. For your reference, the call-in
number is 339-209-4083.

Read the February Minutes below:

NFB At Large Chapter Meeting Minutes for February 15, 2022

The Presidential Release was played at 7:30 PM.

The meeting was started at 8:00 PM by Marguerite Woods, President.

Round robin took place. Everyone announced themselves, stated their
location, and answered the question if you say I love you to a person do
you want them to say I love you back or are you okay if they just say thank
you.

25 members on the call.

Sharon thanked everyone for participating in Annapolis week.

Sharon spoke about Washington Seminar and the four legislative issues the
NFB are pursuing. They are the following:

Medical Device Nonvisual Accessibility

Websites & Applications Accessibility

Access Technology Affordability

Transformation to Competitive Integrated Employment

Tonight’s guests are Ed Jackson and Tracey Hall Hennigan, members of the
Board of Directors of the Greater Baltimore Chapter. In honor of Black
History Month, they shared important contributions by African Americans in
medicine and many other fields.

The meeting was adjourned at 9:00 PM.

Respectfully Submitted by Danielle Earl, Secretary
*Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy*
410-715-9596

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland knows that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you back.