[MD-AtLarge] Meeting Reminder and Minutes

Sharon Maneki nfbmdsm at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 21:13:40 UTC 2022

Hello All,

The next meeting of the At-Large Chapter will be tonight, November 15.  The
National President's message will be played at 7:30 and the meeting will be
from 8 to 9pm.  Jerry Price will speak about technology tips for the
holidays.  He will give suggestions about what to give people, what to tell
people you want, or what to buy for yourself.  The call-in number is
(339)209-4083.  Here are the minutes from the October meeting:

NFBMD At Large Chapter Meeting Minutes for October 18, 2022

The Presidential Release was started at 7:35 PM.

The meeting was started at 8:00 PM by Marguerite Woods, President.

Round Robin took place. Everyone announced themselves, said where they are
in the state, and answered the question will you be attending the state
convention.

Approximately 20 members on the call

Ronza talked about convention details.

Brawyn talked about the snack packs that the chapter will be selling at
state convention.

Charles led Marguerite in the NFB pledge.

Marguerite talked about Blind Equality Achievement Month and the activity
that the chapter is doing.

 Tonight’s guest speaker is Andy Bernstein from Accessible Pharmacy for the
blind. The information written below I took directly from their website,
which is what Andy spoke about during his presentation.

 Accessible Pharmacy Services for the Blind is a comprehensive, home
delivery pharmacy service specializing in the needs of people who are
blind, DeafBlind and have low vision. We are the only provider of its kind
and the largest blind-owned healthcare company in the country.

What makes us unique is our ability to educate patients who are blind and
their family members, healthcare providers, and caregivers to implement the
best medication and diabetes management plan. Our goal is to achieve the
best medical outcomes and help patients live more independently.

Our pharmacy professionals are trained to understand the unique needs of
people who are blind and have low vision. We offer both high-tech and
no-tech solutions to assist with reminders, refills, error reduction, and
overall medication and diabetes management.

Our delivery, accessible support, accessible packaging, accessible
labeling, including ScripTalk and Braille, as well as continuous and
automatic refilling are FREE.

We do everything for you to make life simpler: we coordinate all details
with your prescribers and insurance providers, including helping to keep
costs as low as possible. Simply call us for a free consultation to
determine if we are a good fit for you.

We encourage our patients to be part of the ongoing process to maximize the
solutions.

In addition to prescription medication, we also supply: Vitamins &
supplements, over-the-counter drugs, diabetic supplies, guide dog & pet
medication and small, accessible medical equipment.

Contact Information:

accessiblepharmacy.com

1-888-633-7007

andy at accessiblepharmacy.com

Their Health Expo will be December 2nd.

The meeting adjourned at 9:11 PM.

Respectfully Submitted by Danielle Earl, Secretary

*Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy*
410-715-9596

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland knows that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you back.