[MD-AtLarge] Meeting Reminder and Minutes

Sharon Maneki nfbmdsm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 15:30:08 UTC 2023

Hello All,

The next meeting of the At Large Chapter takes place on Tuesday, April 18.
The National President's message begins at 7:30, followed by the meeting
from 8-9pm. Chris Danielson will talk about the NFB brand and how we fit
into it. We will review how we did on the movie and talk about the senior's
call. Make sure you come to this meeting. Read below for the minutes from
last month's meeting.

NFBMD At Large Chapter Meeting Minutes for March 21, 2023

The Presidential Release was played at 7:30 PM.

The meting was started at 8:00 PM by Marguerite Woods, President.

The round robin took place. Everyone announced themselves, stated where
they are in the state, and answered the question are you planning on going
to national convention.

Approximately 20 members on the call.

Charles led Judy in the NFB pledge.

Marguerite shared are movie fundraiser, which will be held on April 1st at
6:30 PM.

She also announced the popcorn fundraiser and spring raffle that is being
held by the state affiliate.

Tonight’s guest speaker is Denise Avant, who is a National Board Member and
Chairman of the National Membership Committee. She shared her background,
her career as a lawyer, and talked about the different roles that she has
served in the federation. Members on the call asked her several questions.

Respectfully Submitted by Danielle Earl, Secretary

The meeting adjourned at 9:04 PM.

*Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy*
410-715-9596

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland knows that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you back.