[MD-AtLarge] Meeting Minutes and Reminder

Sharon Maneki nfbmdsm at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 16:36:26 UTC 2023

Hello All,

The next at-large chapter meeting of the NFBMD will be held on Tuesday,
November 21. The national president's message will be played at 7:30 pm,
followed by the meeting from 8-9pm. Our guest speaker will be Jerry Price
who will suggest new technologies that people may wish to buy or may drop a
hint for a holiday gift. This is always a lively discussion that you will
not want to miss. Below are two sets of minutes. One for the October
meeting and the second is movie night. For your convenience, the call in
number is 339-209-4083.

October Meeting Minutes

NFBMD At Large Chapter Meeting Minutes for October 17, 2023

The Presidential Release was played at 7:30 PM.

The meeting was started at 8:00 Pm by Marguerite Woods, President.

Round Robin took place. Everyone announced themselves, stated where they
are in  the state, and answered the question how important advocacy to
equality is.

Approximately 25 members are on the call.

Marguerite talked about Blind Equality Achievement Month. She announced
that the state convention has been moved to February 16th through 18th.
There will be a business meeting on November 11th.

Marguerite and Sharon spoke about the At Large Chapter night at the Movies
being held on October 28th. The movie being presented is Ray.

Tonight’s guest is Anil Lewis. He talked about who he is and what he does
at the NFB. He talked about what membership means to him. Membership is
advocacy. Anil and the members had a lively discussion.

Marie Bolden became a member of the At Large Chapter tonight. Marguerite
led her to the NFB pledge.

The meeting adjourned at 9:13 PM.

Respectfully Submitted by Danielle Earl, Secretary

Movie Night minutes

NFBMD At Large Chapter Meeting Minutes for October 28, 2023

The Night at the Movies started at 6:00 PM, by Marguerite Woods, President.

Chris Danielson, our zoom host, started the movie Ray at approximately 6:10
PM.

There were approximately 15 individuals attending this evening.

After the movie was finished, a lively discussion took place.

A Night at the Movies ended at 9:30 PM.

Respectfully Submitted by Danielle Earl, Secretary

*Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy*
410-715-9596

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland knows that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you back.