[MD-AtLarge] August Minutes

Sharon Maneki nfbmdsm at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 20:40:22 UTC 2023

Hello All,

I am sorry I did not send this out in time for last night's meeting.  I
want you to have it because it has important information about knowing your
money.  Read below:

NFBMD At Large Chapter Meeting Minutes for August 15, 2023

The presidential release was played at 7:30 PM.

The meeting was started at 8:00 PM by Marguerite Woods, President.

Round Robin took place. Everyone announced themselves, stated where they
are in the

state, and answered the question Do you and/or have you used an iBill?

There were approximately 20 members on the call.

Charles recited the NFB pledge.

Acknowledging July and August birthdays.

The treasurer’s Report was given by Sharon:

Opening balance $1486.40

Income

- $388.58 – PayPal Movie (+$105 in checks)

- Total: $1874.98

Expenses

- $157.00 Get Well Gift

- $424.71 National Convention

- $70.00 Banquet (National Convention Banquet in May)

- Total: $651.71

388.58-651.71 = -$263.13

Ending balance $1223.27

A motion was made to accept the treasurer’s report as given. It was
seconded and

approved.

Tonight’s discussion was all about money.

Marguerite talked about identifying your money after you know what the
denominations

are by folding your money.

Sharon said keep consistent and use the same system.

There was a discussion on the iBill.

The members also listened to an NFB podcast on money. It was played by Chris

Danielson.

The members learned that in 2026 the ten-dollar bill will have a tactile
marking on it, the

fifty-dollar bill in 2028, and the twenty-dollar bill in 2030. The
one-dollar bill will have no

marking on it.

The NFB Podcast can be found on Youtube. Normally two episodes come out a
month.

There was a discussion on different money apps. Cash Reader is an app that
reads all

different kinds of currency from many countries.

The meeting adjourned at 9:10 pm.

Respectfully Submitted by Danielle Earl, Secretary

*Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy*
410-715-9596

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland knows that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you back.