[Md-sligo] Saturday's meeting

Debbie Brown 63characters at comcast.net
Thu Dec 9 02:26:25 UTC 2010

The meeting on Saturday will be at Applebee's restaurant in Forestville (or District Heights, according to MetroAccess).  The address is 3447 Darnell Drive.  We will start at 11:30 and will probably finish no earlier than 2:00.  The restaurant is located in front of JC Penney and across from Old Country Buffet.  There is a two for $20 deal which seems to cover an appetizer and a main course.  I suggest that everyone bring $30, and if you eat dinner, a drink, and a dessert, you may spend close to that much.  You can check out applebees.com to look at the menu ahead of time, but you will get the menu for the Applebees closest to you.

Nuts:  We have nuts left over.  If you have an order, please let us know ahead of time.  The only nuts we are totally out of are pecans.  We have 3 bags of walnuts left, and the rest we are in fairly good supply.

We have a nut sale scheduled for Sunday at the Olney Giant, but the weather report also has a snowstorm scheduled.  If the weather report has not changed by Saturday, we are cancelling the nut sale.  My experience is that we don't sell nuts in rotten weather.  I have left the Olney Giant address at work, so will get it to you later.

Board meeting:  There is a state  board meeting scheduled for Saturday, December 18.  We are still working on transportation.  It will be in the afternoon after the Baltimore repast, which we are all welcome to attend, but we need to let them know we are coming.  The complication is that some of us are going over in the morning for a Braille Rocks event, so bus or train travel might be necesary.  Let me know if you want to come.

Debbie

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5686 (20101208) __________

http://www.eset.com