[Md-sligo] FW: Saturday Technology Training Session, June 19th, 1-4pm, room 215, MLK library

Brown, Debbie dabro at loc.gov
Thu Jun 17 18:02:43 UTC 2010

From: James (DCPL) Timony [mailto:James.Timony at dc.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 7:09 PM
To: Brown, Debbie
Subject: Saturday Technology Training Session, June 19th, 1-4pm, room 215, MLK library

The next Saturday Technology Training Session (STTS) will be June 19th, 2010 from 1pm to 4pm in room 215, Adaptive Services at the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library at 901 G Street NW.

Demo of the new accessible voting machine by Kathy Fairley of the DC Board of Elections and Ethics
Demo of Window-Eyes from GW Micro by Richard Krafsig from TCS Associates

>From 3pm to 4pm refreshments will be served and informal networking is encouraged.

I hope you can make it!

Saturday Technology Training Sessions

1st and 3rd Saturdays, 1pm to 4pm

Adaptive Services Division, DC Public Library, Room 215

Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library

901 G Street NW

Washington DC 20001

We are located diagonally across the street from the 9th street exit of the Gallery Place Chinatown Metro stop, or two blocks from the 11th and G exit of Metro Center.   There is no public parking at the MLK Library.

The meetings are a chance for people who use Adaptive Technologies to get together and share information, learn about Technologies like the JAWS ScreenReader and MAGic ScreenMagnifier which make the computer accessible to people who are blind or have low vision, and hear demonstrations of new Adaptive Technologies and Services. Some examples of demonstrations from past sessions include accessible cell phones, Dancing Dots Music software, PeaPod online grocery ordering service, and Columbia Lighthouse for the Blind.

The Adaptive Technology Program provides adaptive technology workstations for people who need them in order to access the library's programs and services.  The workstations are located in the Adaptive Services Division, Room 215 at the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library.  Customers can call ahead and reserve two-hour sessions at either the computer workstations or at the CCTVs.  Introductory training on Adaptive Technologies is available through orientation sessions and regular weekly meetings with Volunteer Trainers.

Check out our Blog at http://sttsdc.blogspot.com/

Patrick

James Patrick Timony

Adaptive Technology Librarian

District of Columbia Public Library

Adaptive Services Division, Room 215

Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library

901 G Street, NW, 20001

patrick.timony at dc.gov

202-727-1335

Have you heard the knock at your door?

U.S. Census workers are here to assist you with filling out the 2010 Census Form.

www.census.dc.gov<http://www.census.dc.gov/>