[Md-sligo] FW: KNFB Reader Mobile added to Accessible Smartphones this Saturday 11/20

Brown, Debbie dabro at loc.gov
Wed Nov 17 19:55:02 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: MCPL DRCINFO [mailto:drcinfo at montgomerycountymd.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 2:51 PM
To: Brown, Debbie
Subject: KNFB Reader Mobile added to Accessible Smartphones this Saturday 11/20

Thanks to Envision Technology we're adding the KNFB Reader Mobile (Nokia 86 cell phone with Mobile Speak) to our smartphone lineup this Saturday, from 1- 3 pm at the Rockville Memorial Library.  David Poehlman will talk about the iPhone and some useful, weird and wonderful apps.  Jeanie Dunnington will demonstrate her Jitterbug (just the phone, as far as I know).  Kamran Rasul will demonstrate the Android.  Battle of the smartphones -- or just a good opportunity to get some solid consumer information.  Free, and no registration is required.  The Rockville Memorial Library is at 21 Maryland Ave., corner of Beall in the Rockville Town Center.  For more information email krasul1974 at gmail.com.  Saturday Adaptive Technology Sessions (SATS) are coordinated by the Disability Resource Center Library Advisory Committee of Montgomery County Public Libraries.