[Md-sligo] Informational picket on Tuesday

Debbie Brown 63characters at comcast.net
Sat Jul 23 02:29:05 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, July 26, we will be having an informational picket about subminimum wage in front of Senator Mikulski's office in Baltimore.  She is on the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions committee where this bill is. We will be doing this in all states that have members on this committee, and we are not targeting her specifically.

There is a new presidential release on the NFB's website on which Dr. Maurer discusses the issue.  Language was put into the Rehab Act about subminimum wage ostensibly to protect the people who receive subminimum wage.  We believe the best way to protect people making subminimum wage is to kill the practice.

The picket is from 10 till noon.  We will have people from the national center pick us up at Penn Station.  We will take the train that leaves Union Station at 7:45 and New Carrollton at 7:55.

Please let me know if you can go so that I can give an account of how many people need rides.

The hearing on this bill in Congress is scheduled for August 3.

Debbie

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 6317 (20110722) __________

http://www.eset.com