[Md-sligo] Fw: Forum: Financial Issues Affecting Seniors

Debbie Brown 63characters at comcast.net
Sat Mar 19 12:53:08 UTC 2011

To: 63characters at comcast.net
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2011 1:42 PM
Subject: Forum: Financial Issues Affecting Seniors

Montgomery County’s Advisory Committee on Consumer Protection presents:

FINANCIAL ISSUES AFFECTING SENIORS

Special Guest:

The Honorable Valerie Ervin, President

Montgomery County Council

This free forum on Wednesday, March 23rd from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., at the Charter House, 1316 Fenwick Lane, Silver Spring, will be moderated by Stuart Rosenthal, Publisher, Beacon Newspaper.  He will lead a discussion with experts from Maryland’s Long Term Care Ombudsman program, attorneys in the field and the County’s State’s Attorney’s Office and the Office of Consumer Protection.

”Over this last year, our Office of Consumer Protection has seen a dramatic increase in complaints involving issues that adversely affect the lives of County seniors,” said Council President Valerie Ervin. “We look forward to having an opportunity to discuss consumer protection issues with our residents to identify additional ways we can assist our seniors. The Office of Consumer Protection provides a tremendous service for our residents, and I am happy to support their work.”

The forum will address a number of topics including the financial exploitation of seniors, differences among long term care facilities, identity fraud basics and legal issues.

Pre-registration is not required but is recommended as seating is limited. Sign language interpreter services will be provided only upon request with notice as far in advance as possible, but no less than 72 hours prior to the event. To register for the forum or to request sign language or other services or aids needed to participate in the forum, call 240-777-3764 or MD Relay at 1-800-735-2258, or email consumerprotection at montgomerycountymd.gov.

The Office of Consumer Protection investigates thousands of complaints each year involving new home purchases, home improvements, credit issues, automotive sales and repairs, retail sales, Internet services and most other consumer transactions. OCP provides both pre-purchase information to consumers and speakers to the community on consumer issues.

Unsubscribing

You received this email because you have signed up for the Consumer News and Alerts newsletter from Montgomery County eSubscription. If you want to unsubscribe to this newsletter, Go to eSubscription, and select Update An Account. When you see the list of newsletters to which you are subscribed, check off Consumer News and Alerts newsletter.

Privacy Policy | Accessibility

As an eSubscriber user, you agreed that we may contact you by email and use the information you submit as described in the Montgomery County Privacy Policy. If you would like to opt-out of receiving a particular email at this email address, then please unsubscribe to indicate your preferences.

Please do not reply to this email. Replies to this email will not be responded to or read. If you have any questions or comments, please visit the MC311 Portal at www.montgomerycountymd.gov/311 or call 240-777-0311 to speak with a Customer Service Representative.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5967 (20110318) __________

http://www.eset.com