[Md-sligo] Chapter meeting and other news

Debbie Brown 63characters at comcast.net
Mon Jun 4 02:43:40 UTC 2012

We will meet this Saturday at 1:30 at the Whiteoak Library, 11701 New Hampshire Avenue.

The convention agenda is out.  You can download it from the NFB's website, and it was emailed in a text file.

I know of two events you have to sign up for ahead of time.  One is some self-defense workshops.  Another is a community service event at a children's shelter on Saturday.  Contact information for the self-defense workshops is in the agenda; information about the children's shelter event was sent in an email, with a background check form you will have to fill out.

The crab feast flyer is out.  It is back to Friday this year.  If you want me to buy tickets for you ahead of time, please be sure to have your money by the July meeting.

The National Harbor chapter picnic is at Watkins Park on June 23.  The cost is $20.  I will give you the full address as soon as I have it.  Let me know if you are going because they want a count at least a week before the event.

In the category of news that could have been very bad, Greg Miller was in the hospital and is now out.  He had bleeding from the port for his dialysis.  Greg was his usual cheerful self about this scary situation, and apologized for missing our games night.

I hope I will receive the Jernigan tickets by the chapter meeting.  They are $10.  The prize is an all-expense paid trip to next year's convention, including $1000.

Debbie

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 7192 (20120603) __________

http://www.eset.com