[Md-sligo] FW: Downloading books in May: Overdrive in Baltimore, BARD at Bethesda Library

Brown, Debbie dabro at loc.gov
Tue May 1 14:40:13 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: MCPL DRCINFO [mailto:drcinfo at montgomerycountymd.gov]
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2012 6:00 PM
Subject: Downloading books in May: Overdrive in Baltimore, BARD at Bethesda Library

For all of you who asked for it, here it is: May is downloading books month in Maryland. The Saturday Adaptive Technology Session on May 19 will be on downloading Talking Books from BARD, with Jerry Price from the Maryland State Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped at the Bethesda Library from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. (details coming soon). And the LBPH Technology User Group meeting on May 12 will be on downloading books from Overdrive, free, from your local library website -- see details below. Go to both! No registration is required for either program, but if you're interested in the MCPL Bus to Baltimore for May 12, let us know at drcinfo at montgomerycountymd.gov, the sooner the better, please.
Francie Gilman, Librarian
Montgomery County Public Libraries

TECHNOLOGY USER GROUP (TUG)
WHEN:  SATURDAY, MAY 12, 2012
TIME: 10 AM TO 11:30 AM
WHERE:  LBPH, 415 PARK AVENUE, BALTIMORE
TOPIC:  OVERDRIVE
Did you know that you can get audio and e-books from your public library and play them on your computer?  The program that they use is called Overdrive and we will examine how to sign up for the service, search for books and play them.  We will be using Jaws for this demonstration which is a screen reader program.  In addition to the demonstration, we hope to have a public librarian to discuss how Overdrive content is selected.
You do not need to RSVP for this event but if you would like more information, please contact Jerry Price (410) 230-2446 or via email at <mailto:jprice at lbph.lib.md.us <mailto:jprice at lbph.lib.md.us> >jprice at lbph.lib.md.us