[Md-sligo] FW: Windows 7 accessibility -- join Patrick Timony at Silver Spring Library 4/27

Brown, Debbie dabro at loc.gov
Mon Apr 22 18:11:49 UTC 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: MCPL DRCINFO [mailto:drcinfo at montgomerycountymd.gov]
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2013 2:23 PM
Subject: Windows 7 accessibility -- join Patrick Timony at Silver Spring Library 4/27

Our latest Saturday Adaptive Technology Session will focus on the Windows 7 operating system for desktops, with some time for questions about Windows 8 for tablets. See the flyer information below or attached, and please help spread the word. The Silver Spring meeting room is on the lower level, with nearby accessible parking.

Windows 7 Accessibility Features:

Do They Meet Your Needs?

Magnifier

On-screen keyboard

Narrator

High contrast

Mouse and keyboard controls

Speech recognition

Come to a demonstration of how the Windows 7 operating system performs on the Web and with e-mail and learn about the differences between Windows 7 and 8.  There will also be time to discuss pros and cons of the accessibility of other operating systems. Our speaker is Patrick Timony, Adaptive Technology Librarian at DC Public Library.

Saturday, April 27, 2013

1 to 3 p.m.

Silver Spring Library

8901 Colesville Rd., Silver Spring 20910

240-773-9420

To request a sign language interpreter or other deaf/hard of hearing services for library-sponsored programs, email MCPL.DeafAccess at montgomerycountymd.gov, preferably with three business days notice. To request other accommodations, contact your local library.

Montgomery County Public Libraries
Disability Resource Center voicemail line: 240-777-0960 http://montgomerycountymd.libguides.com/disabilityservices