[Md-sligo] FW: Navigation by audio -- Saturday June 29 at the Rockville Memorial Library--RSVP!

Brown, Debbie dabro at loc.gov
Fri Jun 7 13:22:30 UTC 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: MCPL DRCINFO [mailto:drcinfo at montgomerycountymd.gov]
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2013 6:02 PM
Subject: Navigation by audio -- Saturday June 29 at the Rockville Memorial Library--RSVP!

Curious about how audio technologies can help people navigate independently? Ever need to find out where you are and how to get where you want to be, and what's around you? Join Cindy LaBon for a demonstration of the Trekker Breeze by Humanware as we walk around the Rockville Town Center.  You're welcome to bring your own device to demo, and we'll discuss other devices and audio direction apps. For this Saturday Adaptive Technology Session we're asking participants to RSVP for two reasons: to provide an escort, if needed, from the dropoff point into the Library, and to allow late arrivals to connect with the group if we're walking around the Town Center.

Saturday, June 29, from 1:00 to 3:00 pm

RSVP to: Francie.gilman at montgomerycountymd.gov or call 240-777-0959 so we can give you the contact cell phone number.

Meet in the Disability Resource Center: once you're inside the Rockville Memorial Library's Town Center Plaza entrance, the room immediately to the right.

Address: Rockville Memorial Library, 21 Maryland Ave. (pull-in and drop-off beside the Town Center Plaza, across from Gold's Gym)

Rockville, MD 20850

 Thank you!

Francie Gilman

Librarian