[Md-sligo] Saturday's meeting

Brown, Debbie dabro at loc.gov
Mon Apr 7 15:03:51 UTC 2014

We will meet this Saturday at the Whiteoak Library, 11701 New Hampshire Avenue.

We have seven seats left on the flight to convention.  It will leave Reagan National Airport at 8:45 a.m. on Monday, June 30.  The return trip on Monday, July 7, will leave from Orlando at 12:05 and return to Reagan national Airport at 2:10 in the afternoon.  the cost is $245.  I will put your name on the list for $100.

Please bring candy money and raffle money and stubs.  For those who requested numbers, if I do not hear about the availability of your numbers, I will bring some other tickets which I hope will be just as lucky.

If you are attending the diabetes seminar and do not want to register online, you may bring your money to the chapter meeting.  The cost is $10.  The event number, if you wish to register on brownpapertickets.com, is 578914.

Please bring dues so that you may vote in June.  Dues are $4 and must be paid once a year.

We want something besides your money--your stories.  We are looking for stories about blind people to put on the state website.  Not all of them will be published at once, but we want a supply so that we can change stories regularly.  No accomplishment is too small to share, because there is always someone out there who needs to learn to use the stove, test their blood sugar, go to the store, and go to work.  There will be a prize for stories.