[Md-sligo] Chapter meeting and other announcements

Debbie Brown deborahb14 at verizon.net
Mon Mar 3 02:27:58 UTC 2014

The chapter meeting this month will be at the Whiteoak Library, 11701 New Hampshire Avenue.

There will be a hearing in the Maryland House of Delegates on Wednesday on the library bill.  I have one seat in a cab that will be picking up from Glenmont at 11:30 on Wednesday, March 5.  We are planning to return to New Carrollton, and as usual, we do not know what time we will be back.  Please let me know if you can go.

Basket Bingo is on Friday, March 14, in Catonsville.  If you want to go, the cost is $20.  I will pick people up at Glenmont at 5:00 and deliver everyone home.  Please give me $20 for transportation.

Our diabetes seminar will be on June 4.  I will try to call all of you who have diabetes, but in case I miss you, I will be looking for a list of diabetes professionals you work with.  We want to send out personalized letters inviting them to the seminar.

We have a group for this year's convention.  The cost is $245.  It will leave on Monday morning, June 30, fro Reagan National Airport and return on Monday, July 7 in madafternoon.  Money paid in full will assure you of a seat on the flight.  If you canot pay in full by the end of April, please talk to me anyhow.

We will be holding the NFB of maryland spring raffle again this year.  Tickets are $5.  If you want specific numbers, pplease let me know right away.  I cannot promise you that your number will be available.  I will try to let you know about the availability of a number as soon as I know.  Prizes are $50 on a weekday in the month of May, and $100 on Saturday.  Please note that there are five Saturdays in May this year.

We still have pistachios and sunflower seeds and a few almonds.  Any that are not sold by this chapter meeting I will donate to a place that feeds homeless people and pay for them.

We have candy bars to sell.  Dark chocolate bars with almonds sell for $2.00; plain mailk chocolate bars sell for $2.00, and peanut brittle bars sell for $1.50.  Cases are 24 bars ($48) for the dark and milk chocolate bars and 36 bars $54) for the peanut brittle.

Debbie

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 9491 (20140302) __________

http://www.eset.com