[Md-sligo] FW: Access Programs at the National Gallery of Art

Reyazuddin, Yasmin Yasmin.Reyazuddin at montgomerycountymd.gov
Wed May 6 17:29:09 UTC 2015

FYI
________________________________
From: Baines, Lorena <L-Baines at NGA.GOV<mailto:L-Baines at NGA.GOV>>
Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2015 12:24 PM
To: Luecking, Betsy
Subject: Access Programs at the National Gallery of Art

Dear Ms. Luecking,

My name is Lorena Baines and I recently stepped into the role of the first Manager of Accessible Programs here at the National Gallery of Art in Washington, DC.  I've worked in the Education Division here for several years but am now transitioning into this new position.

I am reaching out in the hopes that I can help spread the word about our accessible programs and accommodations.

Our twice monthly Picture This tours are designed for people who have low vision or are blind. The one-hour tours incorporate vibrant verbal description of each work of art and take place at 1:00 pm on the fourth Wednesday and Saturday of each month.  I have attached the fliers for both our May tours (which are coming up in a couple of weeks) and those scheduled in June.

Second, our monthly ASL at the NGA tours introduce the collections of the National Gallery of Art and take place on the second Sunday of every month at 1:00.  They also last about an hour.

Finally, we have about 25 assistive listening devices that can be used on any public tour with three weeks' advance notice, if possible.  The third flier attached to this email describes our ASL tours and has more information about using the ALDs.

Please feel free to spread the word or let me know if you have access to venues that might be interested in listing any or all of these tours.  I am more than happy to answer questions or provide more information!

If you would like to talk on the phone or in person, I would be happy to discuss possible ways we could collaborate or see if there's anything else we can provide here at the Gallery.

Best,

Lorena

Lorena Baines

Manager of Accessible Programs