[Md-sligo] FW: Unified English Braille workshop -- Saturday, October 31 in Rockville

Brown, Debbie dabro at loc.gov
Mon Oct 19 18:41:27 UTC 2015

-----Original Message-----
From: MCPL DRCINFO [mailto:drcinfo at montgomerycountymd.gov]
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2015 12:56 PM
Subject: Unified English Braille workshop -- Saturday, October 31 in Rockville

Please help us spread the word about this free workshop. Thank you!

INTRODUCTION TO UNIFIED ENGLISH BRAILLE
FREE WORKSHOP FOR BRAILLE READERS
When:  Saturday, October 31, from 10:30 to 1:00
Where:  Rockville Memorial Library, 21 Maryland Avenue, Rockville< MD 20850, first floor meeting room

On January 4, 2016, Unified English Braille will be the official braille code of the United States.  Will this be the end of braille as we know it?  Can I still access braille books in the current code?  What new symbols will I have to learn?  Where can I get more information?

Learn the answers to these and other questions.  Workshop presenter Debbie Brown is certified in Unified English Braille by the National Blindness Professionals Certification Board and by the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped.

The workshop is designed for those familiar with braille.  All materials will be available in braille.

To sign up for the workshop, please contact Debbie Brown at deborahb14 at verizon.net or 301-881-1892.

Francie Gilman
Librarian / Disability Resource Center
Montgomery County Public Libraries