[Md-sligo] {Disarmed} FW: NFB National Convention, June 30 - July 5, Part 2

Brown, Debbie dabro at loc.gov
Thu Jun 16 13:30:06 UTC 2016

For those going to the convention

Debbie

From: National Federation of the Blind [mailto:JerniganInstitute at nfb.org]
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 3:00 PM
To: Brown, Debbie
Subject: NFB National Convention, June 30 - July 5, Part 2

Thank you for preregistering for the 2016 National Convention of the National Federation of the Blind. Please pick up your preregistration packet in Sebastian Ballroom Pre-function area, Level 1, in the area designated "Preregistration," beginning at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday, and at other times as listed throughout the week.

The Agenda Is Now Available:
The convention agenda is available at https://nfb.org/convention<http://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=5514&qid=1305148>.

Please note that the following items were misprinted or missing from the convention agenda. We don’t want you to miss a moment of the excitement.

MONDAY, JULY 4, 2016
7:30–10:30 p.m.—SIXTEENTH ANNUAL SHOWCASE OF TALENT
Join us for our 2016 talent competition! Whether you share your talent from the stage or support your friends from the audience, you will enjoy an evening of great entertainment! Admission is five dollars. If you have questions about performing in this year's showcase, call (410) 659-9314, extension 2525, or email nfbpad at gmail.com<mailto:nfbpad at gmail.com>.

TUESDAY, JULY 5, 2016
4:15 p.m.—LEADING THE NATION IN SYSTEMIC ACCESSIBILITY: THE TENNESSEE COMMITMENT TO EQUAL ACCESS
Tristan Denley, Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, Tennessee Board of Regents; Nashville, Tennessee

You Are Invited to the Presidential Suite (13217):
All are welcome to visit the President and First Lady of the Federation during the convention. Appointments to meet with President Riccobono may be made at the Presidential Suite. The suite will be open during much of the time when general sessions are not scheduled.

New Cash Express Lane in the Independence Market:
We are pleased to announce that the Independence Market will be rolling out a brand new feature at this year’s national convention: the Three Items or Less Cash Only Express Lane! Need to grab a replacement cane and run off to your next meeting? Want to buy that signature guide you forgot to purchase during your last visit without all the hassle? Just need a deck of Braille playing cards to keep you occupied on that long flight home? No problem! To help keep our checkout line in check and to cut down on waiting time for all of our customers, all cash transactions for three items or less will be directed to a separate express order processing window. To take advantage of this new time-saving feature, simply collect your product tags as usual and join the main checkout line. When you reach our line marshals, let them know that you are purchasing three items or less with cash and they will direct you to the proper window. Getting in and out of the Independence Market has never been so easy!

UPS Prepaid Boxes:
UPS prepaid boxes will be available in the Independence Market again this year. Check them out if you need a little extra space to get your convention swag (or Market purchases) home! Visit the Market for details.

See you in Orlando!

National Federation of the Blind
200 East Wells Street
at Jernigan Place