[Md-sligo] Gaithersburg book festival

Reyazuddin, Yasmin Yasmin.Reyazuddin at montgomerycountymd.gov
Mon May 16 15:55:14 UTC 2016

Dear friends,
I want to thank you for volunteering to work at the Gaithersburg Book festival.
I just want to give some information  to ensure that we are ready for all the activities.
Debbie, Sharon and myself will be at the festival by 9:00 am.
Janice is coming at or around 10:00 am.
Brian and Nesma will be arriving at noon or after.
Debbie will leave at 2:30 pm and Janice soon after. We will stay till the end.
The weather report is possibility of showers. Make sure that you have rain gear. We will have a tent but we cannot control the windy conditions.
We will have two games/activities for the children.
1 Braille caravan blocks—a game where children will write their names in braille with the help of the alphabet card.
2 tactile bookmarks—children can make a tactile bookmark to take home.
Debbie is scheduled to read a book at 1:30 pm
In addition, we will have NFB information and resources for family members seniors, and diabetics.
Here is information from the festival website about transportation
BY TAXI or METRO ACCESS:
Best address for drop off and pick up is 21 S. Summit Avenue Gaithersburg 20877.

Getting to the festival is easy when you ride the free shuttle from Lakeforest Mall. The Center is just minutes off of I-270 at Exit 11 East.  Accessible shuttles leave from the Transit Center Parking Lot near Sears, and Shady Grove Metro Station beginning at 9:15 a.m. The last shuttles will leave the Festival area at 6:30 p.m.

Yasmin Reyazuddin
Aging & Disability Services
Montgomery County Government
Department of Health & Human Services
401 Hungerford Drive (3rd floor)
Rockville MD 20850
240-777-0311 (MC311)
240-777-1556 (personal)
240-777-1495 (fax)
office hours 8:30 am 5:00 pm
Languages English, Hindi, Urdu, Braille
This message may contain protected health information or other information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return mail and destroy any copies of this material.
Thank you.