[Md-sligo] CHINA TRIP, 2017 Plans and Flight purchases

Thomas Bickford tbick3 at msn.com
Tue Nov 15 02:02:52 UTC 2016

Dear Charles,

As you see, I am sending your message on to Frania. Virginia and I agree to
your request to visit Hospital six in Beijing. We were there before, but it
is especially important to you, I am sure, because not only did you live at
the Presbyterian compound there, but your father served as doctor there. The
building that we knew in 1947 has been torn down and the new building is
across the hutong in the area where we lived. When we were there in 1993 I
asked Clarra if the moon gate leading to the East courtyards was still
there, and she confirmed that it was. Many things change, but the medical
work still continues. We were introduced to the hospital director on that
trip, a well-spoken and polite gentleman who accepted us as interested
visitors. Jean said that she had been born in the previous building. We were
not invited in for any inside visitation, but we did have the chance to look
at the outside. The street had been widened, and the compound walls had been
taken down for the whole street, as I recall.

     Virginia and I have registered, our daughter Ann, also. We need to
remind our daughter, Barbara, to do the same, also my niece, Carol. I am
starting to feel the excitement that comes before the trip.

Yours in Christ,

Tom