[Md-sligo] Chapter meeting and other events

Debbie Brown deborahb14 at verizon.net
Wed Oct 5 01:34:30 UTC 2016

The chapter meeting this week is at the Long Branch Library, 8800 Garland Avenue.  We will have Amanda Gonzalez from the Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped as a speaker.  If you are not already signed up for service, this is a good opportunity to do so.

If you have raffle tickets or money, please bring them to the meeting.

Thanks to everyone who came to the auction last Saturday, and especially to those who brought friends and brought auction items.  I think we made at least $2500 on the auction items themselves, not counting the wonderful donations we received from African Queen's friends Veronica Waddy and Milton Brown.

We will be talking about the convention and I will read items from the Friday agenda.  We will have two tours Friday afternoon, one to Camden yard at 12:45 and one to the Westminster Burying Grounds at 3:00.  Each tour costs $10.  Bring your money if you are interested.  After I read the agenda, you may change your mind about the tour and hold on to your $10.

I would like to know again who would like to be in the parade on October 16.  It will be in Rockville beginning at 1:00.

I am trying to get a ride to go to the library on Saturday, October 22.  The author Phyllis Reynolds Naylor will be at the annual Friends meeting.

Debbie Brown

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 14227 (20161004) __________

http://www.eset.com