[Md-sligo] FW: A Message from County Executive Ike Leggett - World of Montgomery Festival Sunday October 16

Reyazuddin, Yasmin Yasmin.Reyazuddin at montgomerycountymd.gov
Mon Oct 10 14:59:20 UTC 2016

This Sunday, October 16, Montgomery County will host the Eighth Annual World of Montgomery Festival, celebrating the rich cultural heritages of County residents. The festival will be from noon to 4 p.m. on the Rockville Campus of Montgomery College, 51 Mannakee Street in Rockville.

People have come to our County from every corner of the globe. I urge all County employees to join us at the World of Montgomery Festival and help us celebrate the glorious diversity that makes our community so special.

The festival is an interactive experience where participants are able to engage in creative projects from the diverse communities that make up some of the largest immigrant populations in Montgomery County. The exhibits include culturally authentic arts demonstrations and activities that promote international and multi-cultural awareness.

Sponsored by the Fund for Montgomery and organized in partnership with the KID (Kids International Discovery) Museum, Montgomery College, MCPS, Arts & Humanities Council, and the City of Rockville, the festival includes an international village, a global kitchen, two performance stages of traditional dance and music, opportunities to find out about connecting with the community through service, traditional arts, and fun activities for the whole family. The annual Parade of Cultures at 1:30 p.m. is always an outstanding way to experience multicultural Montgomery.

Admission to the festival is free and free parking is available just across the street in the MCPS parking lot.

The festival is the perfect opportunity for our young people to get a taste of what it means to become a twenty-first century global citizen.

For additional information, go to http://www.worldofmontgomery.com.

This year, thanks to our friends at RideOn, there will be free shuttle bus service from Silver Spring METRO, Wheaton METRO, Rockville METRO, Lakeforest Mall Transit Center, and the East County Regional Center. Recruit your family and friends and leave the driving to RideOn. Here is the schedule: http://worldofmontgomery.com/transportation/

Please spread the word about this opportunity to experience multicultural Montgomery. I hope you and your family will join me there this Sunday.

Sincerely,
Ike Leggett
County Executive