[Md-sligo] Chapter news

Debbie Brown deborahb14 at verizon.net
Mon Jan 9 03:10:43 UTC 2017

Our next meeting will be on Saturday, January 14, at the Long Branch Library, 8800 Garland Avenue, at 1:30.

Thanks to everyone who celebrated Louis Braille's birthday with us at the Rockville Library today.  We jet about 25 people, adults and children.  Thanks to yasmin for bringing the cake, and Terry for bringing all kinds of equipment to show how blind people do things today.

We have a busy month coming up.  Thursday, January 19 will be our day in Annapolis.  Please let me know by Saturday if you will be going.  I wil send out a list of fact sheets in a few days.

The Washington Seminar will be the last week of the month, beginning January 30 at the Holiday Inn Capitol, 550 C Street Southwest.  There will be a legislative seminar at 2:00 and the great gathering-in meeting at 5:00.  I will be scheduling legislative apointments for Tuesday, January 31, and will let you know about those later.  I am attaching a list of the issues to be discussed in Washington.

We still have some nuts left.  I think we have one bag of walnuts left.  Other than that, we have Jeppi #82 mix, Baltimore bar mix, nut and fruit mix, mixed nuts, and pistachios.  If you want any, please let me know.

We will be selling raffle tickets again this year.  The price of a ticket is $5.  If you sell 35 tickets, you receive $25.  I do not have tickets yet, but if you want a specific 3-digit number, I will see if it is available, and you must bring the money for that ticket to the chapter meeting.

Remember that in February and March, the chapter meeting willl be from 10:30 to 1:0 at the Whiteoak Library.

Debbie

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 14736 (20170108) __________

http://www.eset.com