[Md-sligo] FW: The 2017 National Convention is Near

Brown, Debbie dabro at loc.gov
Fri Jul 7 20:24:49 UTC 2017

From: National Federation of the Blind [mailto:webmaster at nfb.org]
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2017 2:01 PM
To: Brown, Debbie
Subject: The 2017 National Convention is Near

[National Federation of the Blind Logo - Go to NFB.org]<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8844&qid=1848990>

The 2017 National Convention of the National Federation of the Blind is almost here! Enclosed is some information we think you will find useful as your plan your week in Orlando.

Spanish and English Agendas

Attention Spanish readers! Spanish agendas will be available in print and Braille this year. Please visit the Sebastian Registration counter beginning on Tuesday, July 11 at 9:00 a.m. to get your copy. You can also download both the Spanish and English versions of the agenda now at www.nfb.org/convention.<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8858&qid=1848990>

Lyft and NFB – Coupon Discount Code

We are pleased to announce that Lyft is offering a promotional discount to new users who are National Federation of the Blind members.

New Lyft users enter their phone number at this link https://www.lyft.com/invited/nfb17<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8846&qid=1848990>; then they receive a download link for the Lyft app with our promo code pre-populated.

Or a new Lyft user can enter the code NFB17 in the 'promos' section of the app to receive the coupon. The offer is good for seven days after activation.

Generally the offer is two rides at $5 off a ride. Not all markets offer the same coupons. If Lyft is trying to increase ridership in your market, you will get a better offer than you would in other market areas.

The coupon can be used in Orlando during convention if you wish to do so. Lyft will donate ten dollars to NFB for each new user who signs up with this promotional code.

Free Movie Night at Convention

If you read the Braille Monitor, follow NFB social media feeds, or are generally plugged in to all things Federation, you've probably heard about the amazing new documentary film Do You Dream in Color?<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8847&qid=1848990> This powerful and poignant film tells the stories of four blind teens that are determined to live the lives they want and achieve their individual goals, despite obstacles thrown in their way by the education system and the low expectations of others. If you've read or heard about the movie but haven't seen it, you can do so for free at convention. Just come to Panzacola Ballrooms F-1 and F-2, Level 1, on Friday evening, July 14. The show begins at 7 p.m. and will be followed by a lively panel discussion about the issues raised in the film. Participants in the panel will include Abigail Fuller, one of the film's co-directors, and Carina Orozco, one of its stars who now teaches Braille at the Colorado Center for the Blind. This film is a great vehicle to generate discussion among blind youth, parents, educators, and others about the lives and educational needs of blind students. You may even want to plan your own screening in your community after you've seen it. So please consider making it one of the convention activities that you don't miss.

Independence Market

As always, we bring the entire Independence Market to national convention and set up in the exhibit hall.

We have prepared two documents, one about the Free Literature area and one about the Independence Market, which we hope will provide some valuable advance information to exhibit hall visitors.

• NFB Free Literature Information<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8848&qid=1848990> for Convention Attendees. Provides some general information about our Free Literature, lists the literature categories, and mentions some items of particular interest.

• NFB Independence Market Information<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8849&qid=1848990> for Convention Attendees. Describes the layout of the Independence Market and explains how to make purchases.

We are also making the Independence Market New Product List<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8850&qid=1848990> available online. Find out in advance which products are new at convention this year before you visit the Independence Market in person. This document will also be available in print and in Braille at the Independence Market in the exhibit hall.

Mears Shuttle to Area Hotels

The Mears Airport Shuttle coupon has been revised to include all over-flow hotels, including the Rosen Plaza, as well as Rosen Shingle Creek. The revised coupon can be downloaded here<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8851&qid=1848990>.

Badge Pick-Up Information

When you arrive in Orlando, you may pick up your preregistration packet in Sebastian Ballroom Pre-function area, Level 1, in the area designated "Preregistration," beginning at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, July 11; at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, July 12; and at other times as listed throughout the week.

[Facebook Logo]<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8852&qid=1848990>

[Twitter Logo]<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8853&qid=1848990>

[Instagram Logo]<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8854&qid=1848990>

[YouTube Logo]<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8855&qid=1848990>

[Email Icon Image]<mailto:nfb at nfb.org>

[Donate to the NFB Icon.]<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8856&qid=1848990>

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230 | (410) 659-9314
Unsubscribe<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=7188&qid=1848990&h=410685e69b68b74c> | Opt Out <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=7188&qid=1848990&h=410685e69b68b74c> |  Sign up for email newsletter <https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8857&qid=1848990>

200 East Wells Street
Baltimore, MD 21230
United States