[Md-sligo] Sad News

Janice Toothman janice.toothman at verizon.net
Fri Jun 2 23:36:05 UTC 2017

I have sad news. Lydia and I had to make the decision to put Destiny
down.  Her cancer had spread to her stomach and she was in pain. Lydia
said with her and Destiny's head was in her lap when they gave her the
medicine to put her to sleep and then to slowly stop her heart.

I am thankful to God for having Destiny as a guide dog and the years of
faithful service and companionship she provided.  She became my eyes and
ears when out and about.  She was so intuitive, outgoing, gentle,
sweet.  I miss her terribly.  The decision for Lydia and Jim to care for
her in her retirement was a blessing to them and I am forever grateful
for their love, compassion and generosity that showed Destiny and
continue to show me now that she has died.

There are so many decisions and things to do for the Convention in a
little over a month but I am at a loss right now to do any of it.

Thank you for all your support and prayer my Sligo Family,