[Md-sligo] Chapter meeting and other events

Deborah deborahb14 at verizon.net
Wed Oct 10 01:30:03 UTC 2018

Our meeting will be this Saturday, October 13, at the Long Branch library,
8800 Garland Avenue.  It will be a different kind of day than usual.  At
10:30, the Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped will have a
technology users' group session.  We would like everyone to be there because
we appreciate their visit to us.  We will have some refreshments after the
meeting.  The topic is gift ideas for the holidays.

After the meeting we will have sandwiches available for $2 for those who
want them.  We will have chicken salad or cheese sandwiches.

After lunch we will have our regular meeting.  We suspect we will be ready
for our meeting by 1:00, so if you are unable to come in the morning, come
early.  We should be finished with the meeting by 3:00.

We will have nuts for sale at the chapter meeting.  You may also take some
on consignment.  A price list will be available before the chapter meeting.
Remember that if you want funding from the chapter to go to the national
convention this summer, you need to raise $100 for the chapter, and selling
nuts is a good way to do that.

We have some meet the blind month activities planned and would like your
assistance.  We will have a table at a health fair at the Living Word
International Christian Church, 16819 New Hampshire Avenue, on Saturday,
October 20, from 10:00 to 3:00.  I would like at least one volunteer and
preferably two because it is a few hours long.  I will not be able to work
at this event.

On Sunday, October 21, we will be in the Parade of Cultures at the World of
Montgomery Festival at Montgomery College.  We would like several people to
participate.  It will be on Sunday, October 21, from 12:45 to about 2:00.
If you stay after the event, you can walk around the festival and see the
activities and enjoy some good food.  Please let me know if you can attend
these events.

We have more raffle tickets for the raflle that will be drawn during the
state convention.  Tickets cost $1 or six for $5.  Prizes are $300, $100, or
$50.

If you want to go to the convention, October 14 is the last day to register.
If you want me to help you register, you need to let me know by Saturday.

Please gather up door prizes to bring for  the convention.  Please bring
items that are in good condition, preferably new.  Note that if something
smells like a dusty attic, it looks like a dusty attic as well.  Darlene,
our door prize chairman, says Sligo brings good door prizes, so let's keep
the tradition.

Thanks again to those who came to our HUT seminar.  I hope to see everybody
on Saturday.N