[Md-sligo] Looking for participants for a study on mobile object recognizer

Reyazuddin, Yasmin Yasmin.Reyazuddin at montgomerycountymd.gov
Wed Apr 3 13:18:49 UTC 2019

Greetings!

My name is Jonggi Hong.  I am a Ph.D. student in the Computer Science at the University of Maryland, College Park.  Our research team, including myself and Kyungjun Lee who is also a Ph.D. student in the Computer Science at the University of Maryland, College Park, is studying how to make future technologies that use artificial intelligence more inclusive, particularly for people with visual impairments.

To this end, we’re looking for participants in the following categories to help us evaluate data-driven technology:

  *   People who are blind or visually impaired.  Must be 18 or older.

This study will ask you to perform some tasks that are typical of daily technology interaction contexts.  We are also collecting basic demographic information, technology experience, and feedback on the study prototypes.

Study sessions will be conducted at our lab on the University of Maryland, College Park.  The time commitment for this study will be up to 2 hours and you will be compensated $30. Participants with disabilities will also receive an additional $20 towards transportation costs if the study session is at a site you would not normally visit, making the total compensation $50.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us by email jhong12 at umd.edu<mailto:jhong12 at umd.edu> or kjlee at cs.umd.edu<mailto:kjlee at cs.umd.edu> or phone 301-642-2024 or 415-949-8658.  (Please note that we cannot guarantee the confidentiality of email.)

Feel free to take a look at the lead investigator’s website to find out more about our research program: http://hernisakacorri.com<https://gcc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fhernisakacorri.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7CYasmin.Reyazuddin%40montgomerycountymd.gov%7Cad4c2dc0153743ebbad408d6b32e63f9%7C6e01b1f9b1e54073ac97778069a0ad64%7C0%7C1%7C636893409161857859&sdata=%2BepvxcuUscVEi1AA7Ytx%2FG8ImEMgXWoHUVyWaa%2B9Dgg%3D&reserved=0>.

Sincerely,

Jonggi Hong

University of Maryland, College Park

2117 Hornbake Bldg, South Wing