[Md-sligo] Chapter meeting

Deborah deborahb14 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 8 01:05:34 UTC 2019

Thank you all who came, donated items, and brought your friends to the
auction last night.  I don't know how much we made, but I know we made over
$3000 on the auction itself and got about $2000 in donations.

We are meeting this Saturday at the Whiteoak Library, 11701 New Hampshire
Avenue.

Thanks to all of you who have gone to Annapolis at short notice.  It has not
been a good year.  We have one day to go in the session, so perhaps
something can still happen.  Our budget request for the Center for
Excellence in Nonvisual Access has been approved, but the two bills have had
problems.  I am sure we will be deciding over the next few months how to
deal with the board of elections.

I have 5 seats left on the group flight for the convention.  If I don't hear
from anyone else who wants to be on the flight, I will open it up to people
from throughout Maryland since it is from BWI.  The cost is $409.  Please
contact me if you are interested.  I will not be at the meeting on Saturday,
so we will work out how to get money to me.

We have some spring raffle tickets left over.  They cost $5 each, and if
your number is drawn on any weekday or Sunday in May, you win $50.  If it is
drawn on a Saturday, you get $100.  Please let me know if you want any.

Candy is moving.  I think Terry has a claim on the last box of milk
chocolate, and Yasmin has a claim on the last box (or bag) of almonds.  We
have mint meltaways (box of 30 for $2 each), peanut brittle bars (box of 8
for $2 each), and dark chocolate bars (box of 24 for $2.50 each).

I have Jernigan Fund tickets for $10.  The prize is all expenses (room,
plane ticket, registration, banquet and $1000 spending money) for the 2020
convention.  No, I don't know where that will be.

Please mark your calendars for the June 8 meeting.  If you had a vacation
planned, change it.  June 8 is the day when Sligo Creek Chapter members will
receive National Federation of the Blind medallions.  I have received mine,
and they are very nice.  I think most of you on this list have paid your
dues, but if you have not, please do so.

Shawn will be there on Saturday to collect money.  Just for a reminder of
how to make out checks, candy money goes to the Sligo Creek Chapter.  Dues
are paid to the Sligo Creek Chapter.  Spring raffle money goes to the NFB of
Maryland.  Money for the scholarship dinner (although I believe everyone is
paid up) goes to the NFB of Maryland.  Money for convention plane tickets
goes to me, and you should talk to me about it.

I will be at a conference in San Francisco, and I will be leaving on
Thursday, so I won't be in touch with my email after that.