[MD-Sligo] Wednesday NFB of maryland conference call

Deborah deborahb14 at verizon.net
Wed Apr 15 08:48:50 UTC 2020

March2020 Minute Message
Fellow Federationists:

We find ourselves experiencing tremendous change due to the unprecedented
challenges that have arisen from the COVID-19 crisis.  We are first and
foremost a family, and I, along with the leaders of the National Federation
of the Blind of Maryland want to share our hope that our members and
supporters are staying healthy and safe.  We recognize that we are living in
a time of uncertainty, and for many, anxiety, and we want each of you to
know you are not alone, the NFBMD is hear for you, and we'll get through
this together.  I urge you all to reach out to one another to check in,
provide assistance, and give whatever support you can.  Please don't
hesitate to reach out to me or any member of the NFBMD Board if you need
assistance or just someone with whom to talk.  Together, we will not only
weather this crisis, but we will be stronger collectively and individually.

Please read below for information about news and upcoming activities.  I ask
you to pay particular attention to those items with an April 15, 2020
deadline.

NFBMD Response to COVID-19
The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland is working to proactively
respond to the COVID-19 crisis while maintaining regular operations.  We are
of course performing our work virtually so as to comply with Governor
Hogan's Stay-at-Home order and national social distancing guidelines.  We
have created a webpage to share information and resources in connection with
COVID-19 that can be accessed by visiting http://www.nfbmd.org/covid19.
This page will be updated regularly.  The NFB National Office has also
established a web page for information about COVID-19, which can be accessed
at https://www.nfb.org/resources/covid-19-resources.  COVID-19 information
is also available in the Breaking News section of NFB Newsline.

NFBMD has taken the following steps to respond to the coronavirus outbreak:
-	We have established an NFBMD COVID-19  Emergency Assistance Fund.
Blind individuals and their families may request financial assistance for
essentials such as groceries and medication.  Anyone interested in donating
to this fund may contact me for information on how to do so.  Additional
information about this program is available later in this newsletter.
-	We have held an affiliate-wide call on COVID-19 to share information
and resources.  The recording of this call is available at
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fnuv88gqro36gp0/COVID-19%20Recording%203-25-20.mp4
?dl=0.
-	We are holding weekly affiliate calls on Wednesdays at 8:00PM.  We
are spending the first portion of each meeting sharing updated information
and new resources related to COVID-19 and the remainder of the meeting as a
forum for members to connect socially.  To join the meeting, use one of the
following methods:
o	Online direct link: https://zoom.us/j/6248138327
o	Meeting ID: 624 813 8327
o	One tap mobile:
?	+16468769923,,6248138327# US (New York)
?	+13126266799,,6248138327# US (Chicago)
o	Dial by phone:
?	+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
?	+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
?	Meeting ID: 624 813 8327