[MD-Sligo] FW: Library book groups and programs are thriving!

Deborah deborahb14 at verizon.net
Sat Apr 25 07:09:20 UTC 2020

From: Francie Gilman [mailto:franciegilman at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2020 11:16 PM
To: Jill Lewis <jill.lewis1 at verizon.net>; Amy Fier <afier at every-mind.org>; Angelisa Hawes <Angelisa.Hawes at montgomerycountymd.gov>; Alfred Sonnenstrahl <alsonny at icloud.com>; Brooke Levey <brooke at dsnmc.org>; Christopher <christopher.moy at montgomerycollege.edu>; Cindy Buddington <cbuddington at hotmail.com>; Richard <richard at bell-irving.com>; Marcie Povitsky <mpovitsky at gmail.com>; Jane Williams <janewilliams11113 at yahoo.com>; Barbara King <barbaraking1952 at gmail.com>; Larry Cohen <topops at aol.com>; Betty <bdthompson01 at yahoo.com>; Steven <stevenafrank at comcast.net>; Debbie <deborahb14 at verizon.net>; Jonina Duker <jonina.duker at aya.yale.edu>; Dennis Pillsbury <dennis.pillsbury at montgomerycountymd.gov>; Jane Carona <jane.e.carona at gmail.com>; Bobby Bobo <bobbybobo at verizon.net>; Monica2 <mmartinez at xminds.org>
Cc: Elizabeth Lang <elizabeth.lang at montgomerycountymd.gov>
Subject: Library book groups and programs are thriving!

Hello AAC Members,

I hope you are all well, and staying safe and sane. If you, your consumers, or anyone you know would like to participate in library programs, they are up and running, virtually, and of interest to people of all ages.

Join Jane Carona, Barbara King and me this Monday night, April 27, at 6:30 PM for the No Pressure Audiobook Group (usually held at the Kensington Park Library). We talk about books we've recently read, and learn what others have read -- there's no assigned book, and it doesn't have to be audiobooks! It's a Zoom event with closed captioning available Here's the invitation:

Topic: Kensington Park No Pressure Audio Book Club

Time: Apr 27, 2020 06:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/94427597734

Meeting ID: 944 2759 7734

One tap mobile

+12133388477,,94427597734# US (Los Angeles)

+12532158782,,94427597734# US

Dial by your location

        +1 213 338 8477 US (Los Angeles)

        +1 253 215 8782 US

Meeting ID: 944 2759 7734

Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ageDaLzkP

You can explore the MCPL website  <https://montgomerycountymd.gov/library/index.html> for more ways to fight quarantine boredom, for example:

Here's the link to MCPL Virtual Events <https://mcpl.libnet.info/events?r=thismonth&term=Virtual%2520Program> , where you can filter by library branch, date, age group, and type of event (choose "Lectures and Discussions" for book groups). They are hosted by librarians, using Zoom, and can be accessed by phone or computer.

And here's the form to request a digital library card <https://mdpl.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/catalog/search/registration/$N?pc=SYMWS>  to use MCPL online services, like downloading books, audiobooks, reading newspapers and magazines, or browsing databases. Everyone who lives in Maryland, DC and Northern Virginia is eligible, along with people who work or go to school in Montgomery County. Please write down your ID as you will need it and your PIN to log in.

I miss our meetings, but I hope you can continue your interest in accessible library programs.

Francie