[MD-Sligo] Chapter meeting and events surrounding convention

Deborah deborahb14 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 6 03:45:39 UTC 2020

e will meet on Saturday, July 11 at 1:30 for our Sligo Creek Chapter meeting
on the NFB of Maryland Zoom line.  We will be officially welcoming Amber
Wist into the chapter.

Below is a list of events and announcements associated with the national
convention.  I am giving the Zoom Id numbers in this email.  I will send the
Zoom one-tap links in a separate email.

Rookie Roundup-Tuesday, July 7, 8:30 to 9:30.  Zoom ID 912-5089-3803.  This
is a national meeting where you can learn about our convention activities
and get energized for the convention.

Thursday, July 9--8:00 p.m.  Maryland first-timers' meeting.  Because we are
all first-timers to a virtual convention, we are all welcome to this
meeting.  Zoom ID: 624-813-8327.

Saturday, July 11-Sligo Creek Chapter meeting, 1:30-4:00 p.m.  Zoom ID:
624-813-8327.  We will talk about the convention and future activities.  We
will also talk briefly about contact tracing and what information we should
and should not give people as we venture out to more activities.  We will
have an official membership ceremony for Amber Wist.  This has been put off
for various reasons several times.  This may be the first virtual one in
Maryland.

Friday, July 17-Maryland caucus, 11:00a.m.-1:00 p.m.  This meeting will
occur during the convention and will not appear anywhere else on your
agenda.  Zoom ID: 995-5428-4438.

The dial-in local number for Zoom is 301-715-8592.

Note that if you have registered for the convention and are a current member
of the NFB, you need to enroll to vote for office candidates or resolutions.
To do this, go to nfbvote.org and fill out a simple form.  You must give
your name as you registered for the convention, and the phone number you
will use to vote.  You may vote by voice or text.  If there are two people
sharing the same phone, only one person may use that number.  If you are
listening to the convention by phone and you have only one phone in the
house, you must call the number to vote and then call back to the
convention.

The convention agenda, but not the Zoom links, is available on
www.nfb.org/convention <http://www.nfb.org/convention> .