[MD-Sligo] Children's books from Montgomery County libraries

Deborah deborahb14 at verizon.net
Fri Feb 26 01:31:54 UTC 2021

We have talked about this before, and I am now testing the process.
Montgomery County libraries have a small number of braille children's books.
You must order them and, when they are available, pick them up from a
Montgomery County library.  You may select the library that you want to pick
them up from.

If you do not have a current library card.  You can order one online.  I
went to the county website (www.montgomerycountymd.gov
<http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov> ) and used the JAWS links list to search
for "Library."  There is a link there to get a library card.  You may also
search for "braille" in the search box.  If you try to order a book with an
expired library card, you will be sent to the form to order a card.  If you
search for "braille," you will find books in braille but also print books
about braille and about Louis Braille.  There is a button for "hold" for
each book.  I did not see the confirmation that my book was held, but you
can call your library or call Ask a Librarian (240-777-0001) to check if
your book is being held for you.  Books may take some time because they are
being quarantined for 48 hours every time they go out.

Dr. Seuss has a birthday in March.  You can order "Daisy-head Mayzie," "Mr.
Brown Can Moo! Can You?", "The Cat in the Hat," or "The Foot Book" by Dr.
Seuss.  You can also order "Who was Dr. Seuss" by Janet B. Pascal.

Please let parents, teachers, and current and former BELL students know
about these books.  They are one way to keep children in reading materials
through the pandemic.  We want them circulating.