[MD-Sligo] FW: We are With U! Concert for the Blind of Ukraine

Deborah deborahb14 at verizon.net
Fri Apr 15 17:43:00 UTC 2022

From: Scott White [mailto:swhite at nfb.org]
Sent: None
To: Deborah Brown <deborahb14 at verizon.net>
Subject: We are With U! Concert for the Blind of Ukraine

Tune into the We're With U! Concert to Help the Blind of Ukraine on
NFB-NEWSLINE on Saturday, April 16, 2022, at 2 p.m. Eastern

The World Blind Union has established the Ukrainian Unity Fund to help blind
people impacted by the horrific invasion happening in Ukraine. While our
mission is U.S. based, the National Federation of the Blind participates
actively in the efforts of the World Blind Union as an avenue to bring
collective action of blind people across the world and to put blind people
in leadership roles.

On Saturday, April 16, at 2 p.m. Eastern Time, the global online blind
community is joining together for a benefit concert with over 100 performers
to help the blind of Ukraine among them are many members of the NFB
Performing Arts Division. From a cappella, three-part harmony, Mozart and
Chopin, Cole Porter to rap, hear musicians from the USA, UK, Canada, France,
Spain, Romania, Ireland, India, Singapore, Germany, the Caribbean, and more!

There are several ways to access the concert, including opening the Nation's
Blind skill on Amazon devices. Ask Alexa to Open Nation's Blind and then you
will hear some introductory messages followed by the concert stream.

NFB-NEWSLINE will also be broadcasting the stream over the touch-tone phone
access method. The stream will not be available on a toll-free phone number,
so please dial your local phone number or if you have nationwide free long
distance, call 646-600-6969.

After you have logged into NFB-NEWSLINE, please follow these steps to listen
to We're With U.

Starting from the main menu, Press five, newspapers in a different state

Next press five national meetings of interest for the print disabled

Now press one, We're With U, a Benefit Concert to Help Blind Ukrainian
Refugees

Please note, that you can receive a higher quality audio stream if you own
an Amazon smart device.

Just say to your device Alexa open Nation's Blind and enjoy, the We're With
U benefit concert

Follow and share this effort on social media using the hashtag #BlindWithU.
That's the letter U. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Learn more at https://nfb.org/BlindWithU.

About National Federation of the Blind

The National Federation of the Blind is the transformative membership and
advocacy organization of blind people in the United States We know that
blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every
day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations
create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230