[MD-Sligo] Chapter picnic

Deborah deborahb14 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 8 00:11:26 UTC 2022

	Our chapter picnic will be this Saturday, August 13, at 2:00 at
Trinity Reformed Church, 9630 Annapolis Road in Lanham.  We will have a very
short meeting and hopefully a lot of food.  Last I heard, the weather is
expected to be mild for August- a high of 82 degrees with no rain in the
forecast.

We will be meeting outdoors.  You need to wear a mask when you are at the
table getting food and when you are interacting closely with other people.
Also, wear a mask if you are in a vehicle with other people.

Please let me know what you are bringing.  So far I have people bringing
hamburgers, hot dogs, baked beans, noodles, deviled eggs, and a few
desserts.

If you are not able to get to the meeting by MetroAccess, please let me know
as soonas you find that out.  We are able to reimburse chapter members up to
$20 for transportation if you have to take another means.  You must let me
know ahead of time, and you must show up at the picnic to get your
reimbursement.

The form is up for state convention.  Please let me know if you need
assistance from the chapter.  Rooms are $95 plus tax.  The cost of
registration and all of the meals is $131, and the bus from New Carrollton
costs $35.

On August 20, the advocacy committee will be holding a seminar called "How
to Get Your Dream Job and Keep It."  You will learn about how rehab can
assist you, how to get accommodations, and how to make complaints when
necessary.  Please email Sharon Maneki at nfbmdsm at gmail.com
<mailto:nfbmdsm at gmail.com> .

If you have not paid your dues for 2022, please do so at this meeting.  You
will need to pay 2022 dues to vote at the state convention.  Annual dues are
$5; lifetime dues are $100.

Thanks to Kimoy and Ben Kelly and their friends from Trinity Reformed Church
for hosting this picnic for us.