[MD-Sligo] This Saturday's chapter meeting

Deborah deborahb14 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 3 23:16:51 UTC 2023

This Saturday we will meet at 1:30 at the White Oak Library, 11701 New
Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring.

We will be making plans for our scholarship dinner to benefit the John T.
McCraw scholarship fund of the NFB of Maryland.  This dinner and auction
will be on Saturday, May 13, beginning at 5:00 at the College Park Knights
of Columbus, 9450 Cherryhill Road, College Park.  The cost is $50 per
person.  If you pay by Paypal, the cost is $53.  There is a dedicated link
for this event, which has been on this list, but I will send it out again
later on.

Please bring your friends.  This is one of the two large fundraisers for our
scholarship fund, and we have not had it since 2019./  Also, we are looking
for auction items and items for the $10 table.

I think most of you have paid for your raffle tickets for the spring raffle,
but if you haven't, bring your money on Saturday.  You should also pay dues,
which are $5.

We will be starting a chapter book club.  The first book discussion will be
at the end of May, so you have some time to read the book.  I will send
information about the book in a future email.

Also on the subject of books, we will be participating in the Gaithersburg
Book Festival on Saturday, May 20 at Bohrer Park.

The national convention is coming up fast.  It is July 1-6, in Houston, so
most of us will go out on June 30 and come back on July 7.  Please let me
know if you are interested.  Chapter funds are limited, but we do have some
money for those who are interested and have been active in the chapter.

See you all on Saturday.