[MD-Sligo] Announcement from Jeff Baer about book club

Deborah deborahb14 at verizon.net
Sat Apr 8 03:03:04 UTC 2023

Sligo Creek Chapter Members,
The inaugural Sligo Creek Chapter Book Club Meeting has been set, and you
are invited to join us if you are interested!
Our first book selection is:
"I, Eliza Hamilton", by author: Susan Holloway Scott
The audiobook is available for free on the BARD mobile app or via the BARD
or NLS website!
The download link to the audiobook via the Library of Congress National
Library Service for the Blind and Print Disabled (NLS) system is:
http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.nls/db.97030
Book Synopsis from "Good Reads": "In this beautifully written novel of
historical fiction, bestselling author Susan Holloway Scott tells the story
of Alexander Hamilton's wife, Eliza-a fascinating, strong-willed heroine in
her own right and a key figure in one of the most gripping periods in
American history."
If you would like to listen to the book and then join the group for the
discussion, please contact Jeff via e-mail at jabaer811 at outlook.com
<mailto:jabaer811 at outlook.com>  or call him at 410-499-0143. Jeff is also
happy to help chapter members who desire help or advice accessing
audiobooks. The virtual discussion of "I, Eliza" is scheduled to occur at
4pm on Saturday, May 27. Many thanks to our book club's founding members of
Janice Toothman, Janice Samuel, Yasmin Reyazuddin, and Kimoy Kelly for
helping to launch this new initiative within our chapter