[MD-Sligo] Fwd: Happy Birthday, Louis Braille!

Chikodinaka Oguledo lovenwantintin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 20:46:01 UTC 2023

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tony Grima <agrima at nbp.org>
Date: Wed,  4 Jan 2023 14:14:59 +0000
Subject: Happy Birthday, Louis Braille!
To: Chikodinaka <lovenwantintin at gmail.com>

http://www.nbp.org/

The modest farmhouse where Louis was born, not restored as a museum.
January 4th is Louis Braille's 214th birthday!

Here are three ways you can celebrate...

1. We Need More Braille Champions! To celebrate Louis Braille's 214th
birthday today, we are asking you to be a Literacy Champion and, by
doing so, you will be entered in a drawing for a special gift, donated
by Eone: we are giving away a brand new Bradley Watch. Literacy
Champions are a wonderful group of donors who have committed to giving
monthly to support NBP's mission of braille literacy. Any new (and all
of our existing) Literacy Champions will be automatically entered to
win the watch, and any existing Literacy Champions who increase their
donation in January will receive a second entry! New literacy
champions who donate $214 for the year ($17.83 a month) or more will
also have a second entry! The drawing will take place on February 2nd.
Donate here (https://www.classy.org/give/227428/#!/donation/checkout)
!

2. Introduce your classroom to Louis Braille! Kids love the braille
code, and love learning about the man who invented it. The fun and
informative Louis Braille Classroom Set
(https://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/LOUIS-SET.html)  includes Six Dots: A
Story of Young Louis Braille, Louis Braille: A Touch of Genius (print
edition), 35 Braille Alphabet Cards, a Unified English Braille Symbols
Wall Chart, and a Louis Braille Poster. Click through to read more
about the included items. (https://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/LOUIS-SET.html)

3. You can also bring braille into the classroom with this year's "out
of this world" print/braille valentines
(https://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/VAL23-32.html) !

Pictured above: The modest farmhouse where Louis Braille was born, in
Coupvray, France, now restored as a museum.

******
NBP, 88 St. Stephen Street, Boston, MA 02115-4302
Or call and charge it: toll-free (800) 548-7323 or (617) 266-6160 ext 520.
Or order any of our books online at
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/publications/index.html.
(http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/publications/index.html. )

** Forward to a friend
(https://us4.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=0150d8e3e15bab5b5433561b9&id=6ecbfdacc4&e=25d7f2b97e)

** National Braille Press logo (http://www.nbp.org/)
 Copyright © 2023 National Braille Press, All rights reserved.

National Braille Press
88 Saint Stephen St
Boston, MA 02115
USA
** www.nbp.org (http://www.nbp.org)
Connect with us!
** Facebook logo (https://www.facebook.com/NationalBraillePress)
** Twitter logo (http://www.twitter.com/braillepress)

** Linkedin logo (http://www.linkedin.com/company/national-braille-press)
** YouTube logo
(http://www.youtube.com/user/NationalBraillePress?blend=4&ob=video-mustangbase)

** (http://nationalbraillepress.wordpress.com/)
 Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp
http://www.mailchimp.com/email-referral/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referral_marketing&aid=0150d8e3e15bab5b5433561b9&afl=1
** set email preferences (HTML vs. Plain Text)
(https://nbp.us4.list-manage.com/profile?u=0150d8e3e15bab5b5433561b9&id=fcec5c2637&e=25d7f2b97e&c=6ecbfdacc4
)
** unsubscribe from this list
(https://nbp.us4.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=0150d8e3e15bab5b5433561b9&id=fcec5c2637&e=25d7f2b97e&c=6ecbfdacc4)