[MD-Sligo] Chapter meeting January 21 and other chapter events

Deborah deborahb14 at verizon.net
Sun Jan 15 21:26:22 UTC 2023

               We will be meeting this Saturday on Zoom.  The Zoom link is below.  We will begin at 1:30.  We have a lot to discuss, but I want to make sure we are out reasonably early so that people can attend Scott LaBarre’s memeorial service, which will be on Zoom.

We are meeting a week late because Michelle, Judy and I were at a leadership training this weekend.  We will tell you all about it.

On Sunday, January 22, we will have a celebration of Louis Braille’s birthday at the Rockville Library.  It will be from 2:00 to 3:30 in the first floor meeting room.  If you are coming and would like to help out demonstrating anything about braille, please let me know.  If you don’t know braille and think you won’t be much use, come anyhow and we will find work for you.

Legislative activities are coming up. If you are in district 39 (western Montgomery County), your day in Annapolis is Thursday, January 19.  For everyone else in Montgomery and Prince Georges counties, your day in Annapolis is Thursday, January 26.  All Annapolis activities will be on Zoom this year.

We will have two issues trainings, both at 7:30—one on Monday, January 16 and one on Wednesday, January 18.  You may attend either one.

The Washington seminar will be in person.  The great gathering-in meeting and some legislative training will be at the Washington Holiday Inn Capitol, 550 C St. S.W.

We will be meeting with our representatives on Tuesday, January 31.

Please let me know which legislative events you will be able to attend.

We have a lot of nuts left over, so please help us get rid of them by buying or selling.  They still taste very good.

We have raffle tickets for the NFB of Maryland’s spring raffle.  They cost $10 and are good through the whole month of May.  If your number is drawn, you win  $50 unless it is Saturday, in which case you receive $100.  Please let me know how many tickets you want.

See you all on Saturday.  We will have a busy year.

Debbie