[MD-Sligo] Current Sligo Creek book club selection

Jeff Baer jabaer811 at outlook.com
Sat Jul 22 02:22:13 UTC 2023

Terri asked me via the listserv for the current Sligo Creek book club choice, so I’m posting it again. The book details are below.
Everyone in Sligo Creek Chapter is invited to read it and join us for the group conversation, which will soon be scheduled, likely for sometime in August.
If, for the first time, you would like to listen to or read the book and then join our group for the discussion, please contact me, Jeff Baer via e-mail at jabaer811 at outlook.com or call me at 410-499-0143, so I can include you in the process of choosing our next book club discussion date and time. It will be a virtual "Zoom Style" meeting with a phone dial-in option available.
All previous participants in the book club will be automatically included in the planning unless they contact me to opt out.
Book details:
  The group chose to read a highly-rated work of fiction titled " The Five Wishes of Mr. Murray McBride", by author Joe Siple. The audiobook is available for free on the BARD mobile app or via the BARD or NLS website. Its listening duration is 8 hours and 22 minutes. Its DB number is: DB104366. On GoodReads, reviewers gave it 4.64 stars out of 5, and Amazon users rated it even more highly. This audiobook is also available via Amazon's subscription "Audible" product, for those who prefer to use that method over BARD mobile or getting the books on cartridge from NLS. Its GoodReads synopsis is:
"With all his family and friends gone, one-hundred-year-old Murray McBride is looking for a reason to live. He finds it in Jason Cashman, a ten-year-old boy with a terminal heart defect and a list of five things he wants to do before he dies. Together, they race against the limited time each has left, ticking off wishes one by one. Along the way, Murray remembers what it's like to be young, and Jason fights for the opportunity to grow old. But when tragedy strikes, their worlds are turned upside-down, and an unexpected gift is the only thing that can make Jason's final wish come true."
The download link to the audiobook via the Library of Congress National Library Service for the Blind and Print Disabled (NLS) system is: http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.nls/db.104366

Thank you and best wishes to all!
-Jeff