[MD-Sligo] Sligo Creek Chapter Audio Book Club

Jeff Baer jabaer811 at outlook.com
Sun May 14 20:33:24 UTC 2023

Dear Sligo Creek Chapter Members,

During our Zoom meeting yesterday, I was asked for the DB number for the audiobook that we are listening to as our first selection of the Sligo Creek Book Club, Here is that information! The DB number is 97030. More details, including full title and download link, are below.

The Sligo Creek audio book club will be having its virtual meeting to discuss this book at 4pm on Saturday, May 27. That means you still have time to read or listen to the book and join the group if you wish to do so. To join the book club, contact me, Jeff Baer, by e-mailing me at jabaer811 at outlook.com or calling me at 410-499-0143.

More details on the book:

The inaugural Sligo Creek Chapter Book Club book selection is:

"I, Eliza Hamilton" by the author Susan Holloway Scott.

The audiobook is available for free on the BARD mobile app or via the BARD or NLS website.

The download link to the audiobook via the Library of Congress National Library Service for the Blind and Print Disabled (NLS) system is: http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.nls/db.97030

Book Synopsis from "Good Reads": "In this beautifully written novel of historical fiction, bestselling author Susan Holloway Scott tells the story of Alexander Hamilton’s wife, Eliza—a fascinating, strong-willed heroine in her own right and a key figure in one of the most gripping periods in American history."

Final note - anyone in the Sligo Creek Chapter who would like help accessing reading materials should feel free to contact me for advice. There are lots of great free audio books available for us to enjoy!