[MD-Sligo] Sligo Creek Chapter - Audio Book Club: Announcement of Book #2

Jeff Baer jabaer811 at outlook.com
Tue May 30 19:14:41 UTC 2023

Dear Sligo Creek Chapter Members,
 During this past weekend's first-ever meeting of our Chapter's Audio Book Club, the attendees selected the club's next book. All chapter members are invited to start listening to the book and plan on joining us for the next book discussion, which has not yet been scheduled. After reading a historical fiction novel, this time around, the group chose a mystery titled "Murder in the White House: a novel", by author Margaret Truman (note - she was the daughter of former US President Harry Truman). The audiobook is available for free on the BARD mobile app or via the BARD or NLS website. Its duration is 6 hours and 37 minutes. Its DB number is: DB15455. Any chapter members desiring advice on accessing free audiobooks or other reading materials should contact one of our chapter's officers or Jeff Baer.
The download link to the audiobook via the Library of Congress National Library Service for the Blind and Print Disabled (NLS) system is: http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.nls/db.15455
The book should also be available via the Library for the Blind and Print-Disabled cartridge request system.

"Murder in the White House" Synopsis from "Good Reads: "Investigating the strangling death of the Secretary of State in the Lincoln Bedroom, White House counsel Ron Fairbanks hears that the Secretary was a womanizer with ties to a glamorous call girl, and finds evidence of unofficial connections with international wheeler-dealers. Fairbanks discovers only a few highly placed insiders had access to the Lincoln Bedroom that fateful evening. And one of them was the president."

Anyone who missed out on our first book club discussion of "I, Eliza Hamilton" is still very much welcome to join us for this second book! If you would like to listen to the book and then join the group for the discussion on "Murder in the White House", please contact me, Jeff Baer via e-mail at jabaer811 at outlook.com or call me at 410-499-0143 so I can include you in the process of choosing our next book club discussion date and time. It will be a virtual "Zoom Style" meeting with a phone dial-in option available.
Attendees at Book Club Meeting #1 (May 27, 2023) were Janice Toothman, Janice Samuel, Yasmin Reyazuddin, Debbie Brown, and Jeff Baer.
Thank you,
-Jeff