[MD-Sligo] Care in advertising other organizations' fundraisers

Deborah deborahb14 at verizon.net
Wed Apr 17 00:02:22 UTC 2024

Someone sent out information about a fundraiser for Ibug.  That is a
respectable organization, and the NFB gave Ibug a Bolotin award, so
obviously we have nothing against Ibug or the person who sent the
announcement.  We should be careful, however, about advertising non-NFB
activities on our lists.  If you aren't sure about an item, talk to me about
it, and we will decide whether to let the list know about it.

It is good to let chapter members know about things that are of interest to
our members, but there is a fine line between informing and promoting, so
let's try to figure out together what kinds of information people need.