[MD-Sligo] Fwd: library event

Sharon Maneki nfbmdsm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 16:50:30 UTC 2024

Here is Jerry Price's opinion on the Aspen Hill library event that was
advertised on this listserv. Perhaps this is a future project for the
chapter.

*Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy*
410-715-9596

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland knows that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you back.

Last I checked, Hoopla had some accessibility but not completely.
Libby is definitely accessible; the other two I don't know.

On 1/22/24, Sharon Maneki <nfbmdsm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are all of these methods accessible? Libby, Hoopla, Kanopy, and
> PressReader.
>
> *Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy*
> National Federation of the Blind of Maryland
> 410-715-9596
>
> The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland knows that blindness is
> not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise
> the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles
> blindness is not what holds you back.

Adults

--
Jerry J Price

Assistive Technology Education Program Coordinator

Maryland State Library for the Blind and Print Disabled

Maryland State Library Agency
415 Park Avenue

Baltimore, Maryland 21201-3603

jerry.price1 at maryland.gov

https://msla.maryland.gov/Pages/LBPD.aspx
410-230-2446 (office)

Click here to complete a three question customer experience survey
https://www.doit.state.md.us/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?agencycode=MSL&SurveyID=86M2956Survey.aspx?agencycode=MSDE&SurveyID=86M2956