[MD-Sligo] Chapter meeting and other information

terrypowers59 at gmail.com terrypowers59 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 17:57:06 UTC 2024

I spoke at the meeting on Thursday!

Terry

From: MD-Sligo <md-sligo-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Deborah via
MD-Sligo
Sent: Saturday, March 2, 2024 6:59 PM
To: 'Sligo Creek Chapter list, NFB of Maryland' <md-sligo at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Deborah <deborahb14 at verizon.net>
Subject: [MD-Sligo] Chapter meeting and other information

I am having trouble with email to and from NFB listservs, so I have sent
this email to some of you individually.  Apologies for having to see it
twice.

The chapter meeting will be at the White Oak library, 11701 New Hampshire
Avenue, Silver Spring.  We meet in the lower level meeting room on Saturday,
March 9, at 1:30.

We will have a special guest, Gilberto Zelaya from the Board of Elections.
He is from Montgomery County, but he will help anyone register to vote or
change their address.  He will also bring a voting machine for those who
have not seen it or need a refresher before they vote in May.

We will be selling Sees candy bars.  They may be here by the day of the
chapter meeting.  We will be selling milk chocolate bars, dark chocolate
bars, and peanut brittle bars.  The milk chocolate and dark chocolate cost
us $1.30 a bar, and I am suggesting we sell them for $2.50 a bar.  I am
checking on the price of the peanut brittle.  Each box costs $4.88, but I
don't know how many bars are in a box.  These bars are smaller.  We will
give these out on consignment, but I think that, because they require some
work to pack up, if yu take $30 worth of merchandise or less, you pay up
front.

We are looking for people to go to Annapolis on Wednesday, March 6 or
Thursday, March 7.  I will be going on March 7, but if you are able to go on
March 6, I will need to work out transportation for you.

Basket bingo is on Friday, March 8 and I believe tickets are still
available.  The car I am in is full, but if you have a friend who enjoys
bingo and you buy them a ticket and some dinner (very inexpensive at this
event), you should be able to get there.

There are still spring raffle tickets left.  They cost $5, and the drawings
occur throughout the month of May.  If your number is drawn on a Saturday,
you win $100; if Sunday-Friday, $50.  Please let me know how many yu want.

Thanks to Laura and Renee who volunteered to bring some of the refreshments.

Thanks also to Michelle, Queen, Janice Samuel, Amber and anyone I might have
missed who testified for the WMATA hearings.

Debbi