[MD-Sligo] Announcements for Saturday's meeting

Chikodinaka Oguledo chikodinakaoguledo8 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 22:32:20 UTC 2024

is this cees candys? can i take on asiment?

On 3/7/24, Deborah via MD-Sligo <md-sligo at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Dr. Zelaya will be coming early to the chapter meeting because he has to
> leave before the meeting is over.  If you want to take personal time to
> look
> at the voting machine, register to vote, or change your address or party
> affiliation, please get there by 1:30.
>
> Here is the scoop on the candy: I don't know if it will be here by
> Saturday.
> We have 2 cartons of milk chocolate and two cartons of extra-dark
> chocolate.
> Each carton contains 3 boxes with 24 bars each.  That means we have 6 boxes
> of each kind.  We will sell each bar for $2.50.
>
> I mistakenly ordered the peanut brittle, not the peanut brittle bars.  We
> have never sold the peanut brittle before.  I have eaten it, and it's good.
> We will not make a huge profit this year, but we will see how we do.
>
> Please let me know if you want raffle tickets for the spring raffle.
> Please
> bring your money--$5 a ticket.
>
> We are also collecting 2024 dues.  If you are not sure if you have paid,
> please let me know and I will check.
>
> There are still a few bags of nuts left.  They are in the single digits, so
> let me or Judy know what you want. We have
> Almonds $4.50
> Baltimore bar mix $4.50
> Nut and fruit mix $4.50
> Deluxe mixed nuts $6.50
>
> There may be a few bags of Maryland mix as well.  Judy, please let us know
> if you have some.
>
> Please think about whether you will be going to the national convention.
> Remember, the chapter can help only with room expenses; you will need to
> work out how to pay for everything else.  That is also true if you get help
> from the Jernigan fund or any other source of funding.
>
> Thanks to Tom and Jeff for going to Annapolis with me today, and to all
> those who have gone to various hearings in February.

nfb.org or +1 410-659-9314! The National Federation of the Blind knows
that blindness is not the characteristic that defines blind people or
their future. Every day we raise the expectations of and for blind
people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people
and our dreams. We can live the lives we want; blindness is not what
holds us back. Please join us in our work by becoming a member,
attending an event, sharing this newsletter, or supporting our
programs. my #is 301-675-9657